Saturday, September 1, 2012

A Time For Everything

Well, as of 11:36 pm 8/31/12, I am no longer the General Manager. This is very bittersweet. In my time at the restaurant I have learned so much. Patience, time management, multitasking at it's finest, firing, hiring, confrontation and the list goes on. I have been stretched more than I thought I could have ever been. I have cried many tears of frustration, exhaustion and laughed numerous laughs with a fantastic group of people. They are my second family by far! When you are able to belt out Andrea Bocelli in Italian, not because you actually know what he is saying but because you have heard the song so many times, you create a bond with people. Smiling when you have nothing to smile about because guests are crazy, you start a memory that is not easily forgotten.

I mentioned a few posts ago that I felt like I had a baby. Now I feel like I gave this newborn to a complete stranger to take care of. I am nervous, sad, scared about the transition and the restaurant. However, I am finding peace that God has closed the door there and will be opening a door elsewhere. It has been a very hard last week.

This next step in life is exciting! I am going to be donating time at the kids school tutoring after school to help supplement tuition costs, cooking hot lunch (yes, I will be the lunch lady!) and being there for my family.
I am looking for other ways to bring income for us too. I will start tutoring Math outside of the school, catering, sewing and seeking a part time job too. I have a peace that God will help us through this transition and He has already has in some ways.

It will be weird to not get a million text messages everyday about the emergencies of the restaurant, checking emails, and dealing with complaints.

I am so excited for some normalcy. Regular bedtimes, weekends (Saturday and Sunday), cooking, cleaning, laundry, sewing, reading to my kids, dates with my husband and a thing called exercise.

Thank you Jesus for getting me through this season and leading me to the next!

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8




1 comment:

Amber Orduna said...

This verse just became very personal for me this year as well. I'm excited to see what God has in store next!!!