Saturday, January 23, 2010

Trusting Him More

In my devotion today I was so blessed and wanted to share with you.
I am really loving this little book and never thought it would encourage me as it has.

"Don't waste energy regretting the way things are or thinking about what might have been
Start at the present moment--accepting things exactly as they are--and search for My way in the midst of those circumstances.

Trust is like a staff you can lean on, as you journey uphill with Me.
If you are trusting in Me consistently, the staff will bear as much of your weight as needed.
Lean on, trust, and be confident in Me with all your heart and mind."


How often do I sit there and think if only we did not do this or we should have done that.
I do not live in the moment and in the moment is where He wants us. I also know He wants us to think of the future too. Do not foolishly live each day without planning. That is not what He wants. In Proverbs 30:25 "The ants [are] a people not strong. Yet they prepare their food in the summer." He wants us to plan and He will direct our feet.
I love how the author reminds us of the staff. If we truly trust Him and allow Him to bear our burdens we can give Him everything and walk in confidence.
I am so blessed by these words of encouragement. I hope it will encourage you to "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him." Proverbs 3:5-6

Enjoy your Saturday

No comments: