Monday, November 3, 2008

Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancakes


These are the best pumpkin pancakes I have ever had.
I can not believe they are gluten free, they taste that good!




I made them in Mickey Mouse shapes for the kids.
I also made a cream cheese icing/syrup to dip them in.
Yum yum.


Here is the recipe


1 cup Rice Flour
1/4 cup Tapioca flour
2 tsp Gluten free baking powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar -(I used Brown Molasses Sugar instead)
6 Tbsp Pumpkin Puree
2 Tbsp Butter (soft or melted)
1 cup Soy or Rice milk
1 Egg

Mix all dry ingredients together and in a separate bowl mix pumpkin, butter, milk and egg together. Add pumpkin mixture to dry and mix well.
Cook on a hot griddle just like any other pancake batter.


I found these pancakes to be a fluffy and so tasty, I hope you enjoy them as much as we did

For the cream cheese icing I just threw together about
4 Tbsp of cream cheese
1 Tbsp butter
1/4 cup Rice milk
1/8-1/4 cup powder sugar

Mix with a hand mixer or Kitchen aid until creamy

No comments: