Sunday, May 24, 2009

Food Update and My Last Night of Work

So we have been Casein, Egg and Corn Free since Tuesday at lunch. Five days basically. It has been hard. I am so surprised how many things have corn in them. Well not just plain corn but corn syrup. Ketchup! Heinz Ketchup and Hunt's both have Corn Syrup in them. Trader Joe's has a ketchup with cane sugar instead but it definitely does not taste that same as my faithful old friend Heinz...oh well. Not that I drink a lot of soda but 90% of sodas are made with High Fructose Corn Syrup. Hansen's soda are made with cane sugar and I do love those. Then I came to the realization that most chocolate, hence the name milk chocolate has milk or if it is not milk chocolate it has you guessed it High Fructose Corn Syrup.


Needless to say, I am giving up a lot right now and I think I am having a few withdrawls. Because I am cranky, or it could be that there are a few things going on in my life and I am starting to feel even more overwhelmed, hum, maybe both:)


Last night was my "official" last night at the restaurant, whatever that means. I am still available if people need shifts covered in the future. It is such a small restaurant and there are no extra people around to fill in if anyone wants the night off.


It was a pretty uneventful night except for training the new girl and watching the Lakers kick some butt in the last two minutes as usual. The owners opened a bottle of Schramsberg Blanc de Blanc Sparkling Wine and we all toasted to my move. Yummy. I am sad because they are family but I know they are always there for me no matter what. Five years I worked there on and off between two pregnancies and such. They are amazing and I am going to miss them dearly.


The restaurant was sort of my escape from the kids in a way eventhough I often found myself talking about them the entire time I would be working. I think it is good for mom's to have a little job that a couple hours a week they can get away and sort of recharge and appreciate their family more and vice versa. Do not get me wrong I love my kids but there is not a mom out there that doesn't like even the alone time of grocery shopping by themselves I am sure. It is good to have a little time away.


Anyways I was so excited to wake up early and make it to first service this morning at 8:45. I dropped Kira off at the preschool class and them tried, key word "tried" to drop Enzo off at the toddlers room. He would not do it, he has not wanted me out of his sight for the last month because of all the changes. I tried sitting in the back with him but he was smacking on his veggie chips so loud I know it was distracting. Then we went back to the classroom and I tried to leave him, that lasted about eight minutes. I heard him crying all the way from the room to the sanctuary and then when I got paged I heard him all the way there. I know it is a season and I remember Kira going through the same thing but I really need to go to Church and hear a service people! I have not sat through a full sermon for two months. Mommy needs it!


So hopefully after the move I will sit in the new classroom two Sundays, maybe three and he will let me go into church.


I can not wait for our move and neither can Kira. She keeps asking are we moving today? Are we moving yet? Can we move already? I keep on answering, "Soon sweetie."

No comments: