Thursday, January 28, 2010

Rainbow Song

When it was raining crazy last week Kira and I were talking that we might see a rainbow. She got so excited.
She told me she LOVED rainbows and I took the opportunity and asked if she knew why we have rainbows.
She told me God made them and I asked her if she knew why. What a great moment. She stared with big eyes and said "Why?!"
I told her rainbows are God's promise to never flood the earth again. I reminded her of Noah and the Ark and how God flooded the earth.



Gen 9:11-14

Thus I establish My covenant with you:
Never again shall all flesh be cut off by the waters of the flood;
never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth."
And God said: "This [is] the sign of the covenant which I make between Me and you,
and every living creature that [is] with you, for perpetual generations:
I set My rainbow in the cloud,
and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth.
It shall be, when I bring a cloud over the earth,
that the rainbow shall be seen in the cloud;


She started singing...

"Rainbows are God's promises" in this sweet voice. So we made up a song and here are the lyrics

Rainbows are God's promises (2x)
Yellow, Orange and Red
I believe what He's said
Green, Purple and Blue
He's made everything new

Chorus
Rainbows are God's promises(2x)

Red, Purple and Pink
I'm glad He made me to think
Orange, Yellow and Green
He washed the earth clean


She sang it all day and keeps humming it.
So sweet.




















1 comment:

Linda Z said...

So sweet! I would love to hear her sing that!! :)