Friday, January 9, 2009

Hope



Matthew 7:7-9
Ask, Seek, Knock
7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

9"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 12So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.


I read this on "Our Daily Bread" reading for today and was definitely comforted. There are so many things going on in our lives right now that are so uncertain as well as the things in this world too. It is great when you turn to God's word in obedience and He has a little jewel for you. I am so grateful to know Him and have confidence in Him during these trials. I know He will provide in every way for us. I know we will be fine and we will end up okay. But I admit that the journey there scares me. I know I am going to be stretched and that I will have to rely on God...wait aren't I already supposed to be doing that. Oh yeah, it is funny how we do our day to day routine and everything is fine. We forget how much we need God because things are good. Then one day you find out your six month old has Cerebral Palsy and what does that mean. I know that through the beginning of that season I was freaked out because of the unknown but I knew he would be okay at the same time. Hind sight I am so grateful that I clung to God and His promises in His Word.

So I guess what I am rambling on about is that I know I have to cling to Him in this time and want to encourage everyone else who is going through something right now to cling to Him too. Whether it is a lose of a job, house, family member, bankruptcy, health issues or whatever you are going through, I know God has a plan for you. I mean just look at the mess this country is in, we need hope, not in a person, a credit card, job or house, but hope in a Divine Creator that created us to be with Him.

May you have a blessed weekend and have some time alone with your Creator getting to know Him :)

I hope you have

No comments: