Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Quick Note

I am winding down from six days in a row at work. We are all off schedule sleep wise. We are going to bed late and waking up late which is not bad since it is summer. I went to bed early last night....11:30, well sort of early. I am keeping dinners super easy and light. Dishes are getting done somehow, laundry is clean but not folded or put away. But I do not care, I am enjoying time with the kids and Eric. Eric has been AMAZING!! I came home on Friday night and he was in the kitchen doing all the dishes. He swept and mopped the kitchen and vaccumed the house! We were able to enjoy Saturday morning instead of cleaning, so sweet!

Today it finally warmed up and felt like summer!! Enzo had therapy this morning and he got a new splint for his left hand. For the next couple weeks at therapy he will be wearing it during his session. Eventually, he will be wearing it during the night. I think it will really help him and his hand. I had to bribe him with a lollipop to wear it. Trader Joe's now has natural organic lollipops!!! Yeah!

With the sun out I brought out the pool again and poured some warm water and the kids played for awhile. We are watching "Muppet Movie" right now and I love this movie. I remember watching it as a kid. I loved the muppets, especially Miss Piggy! HiiiiYaa!(karate kick). I could not believe how many big stars were in it, Bob Hope, Richard Pryor, Madelin Kahn, Steve Martin, Orson Wells etc. It is just as fabulous as I remember.

Finally, I have a great tip with leftover rice pasta:
I have found the only annoying thing about rice pasta is when it comes to reheating it. Instead of adding all your sauce to the pasta, serve up your family and then store your cooked pasta in a container without any sauce, sauce in a separate container. Then when you go to reheat the next day add pasta to a saute pan with about 1-2 cups of water. Over medium to high heat warm up water and pasta. The noodles will become untangled and soft again. Drain and serve with favorite sauce. It worked like a dream and I do not know why I did not think to do it before!

Anyways, enjoy your day and stay hydrated.
P.S. Only 16 days until our Alaskan Cruise!!!!Yippee!! My Uncle has so kindly paid for my entire family to go on a seven day cruise to Alaska. There will be about 35 of us! What a blessing!

No comments: