Wednesday, May 7, 2008

All Nursing and No Sleep Makes Mommy a Very Cranky Girl

I do not know if it is his molars coming in or if he is just being a stinker but last night Enzo woke up almost every two hours. He went to bed at 8:00, woke up at 10:30, 11:30, 2:00, 3:00 and cried until 5:00, 7:00 and finally got up at 9:30! Needless to say I am very tired and cranky. I am pretty sure it is his molars because he does not want to eat anything, he just wants to nurse. I do not mind nursing but not through the night like when he was a newborn. I have that mommy guilt if I let him cry. But at three o'clock this morning I could not take it anymore and I let him cry, and cry and cry. He cried until five o'clock. I asked my neighbors if he was too loud before but they said they do not even hear him. I hope it's true because he is going to have to figure out how to soothe himself and it might be a noisy journey. He never was into a pacifier instead he uses me as his pacifier. I really have not cared about getting up once or maybe even twice a night because he is my last one. But lately he is abusing the system. I think I am going to give him smoothies all day instead of regular food and maybe he will not be so hungry tonight. Wish me luck.

No comments: