Monday, March 2, 2009

Day 28 of Nothing

Saturday the 28th

Wow I can hardly believe that it has been 28 days and I have hardly spent anything outside of our basic necessities. I totaled up my spending throughout the month of unnecessary spending.
I have spent, drum roll please.....
$90.96
It was that Wal Mart trip of $54.00 that really did my spending in.I think I probably could have done better, but I feel like I did good. I am happy to say I paid rent early and all of my first of the month bills have all been paid early as well and we have more money than we have ever had at the end/first of the month, EVER! It feels awesome to have accomplished so much. It was a little painful at first but at the end I was excited to see how I could keep from spending. I think I am going to come up with a plan to continue this "Nothing" mentality going.

Have you learned anything or been challenged in anyway by this? I would love to know. :)

1 comment:

Kelley said...

I gave up excess for Lent. I think I need to tighten the reigns though. I need to be more specific and write down what exactly excess is to me right now. I've been super challenged reading your posts. Also, to see the fruit of your experiment - more money at the end and beginning of the month.