Monday, June 1, 2009

Casein, Corn and Egg Free Update

Alright, it has been almost two weeks off of casein, corn and egg. I actually feel really good and the kids seem better too. Eric and I had a date night on Friday and went this great restaurant in Paso Robles. Grandma Gigi watched Kira, Enzo and cousins Hobie and Zoe. They all camped out in the trailer. I did eat cheese and butter at dinner and I paid for it the next day. I had a food hangover! I felt like a bomb had gone off in my tummy all the next day. Needless to say I do not think I should eat dairy either. Enzo's BM's have been better and so have Kira's. It has made me get craftier with our menu and we are eating more whole foods than ever before. I made the tastiest Mac n Cheese yet. I have heard to use butternut squash puree in it but it was missing something. Here is my recipe for the best yet.

Best Ever Mac n Cheese
Gluten, Casein, Egg and Corn Free

One bag of Rice Noodles
1/2 can of Organic Butternut Squash Puree
2 Tbl Goat Cheese
Dash of Nutmeg
Dash of Dry Mustard
Salt and Pepper

Make the noodles as directed on bag. Drain and place back in pot. Add Butternut squash and mix until noodles are coated. Next add the goat cheese and mix until melted and blended. Add nutmeg, mustard, salt and pepper to taste. My kids loved it and even Eric said it was the best I had ever made!

I have actually lost four pounds this last week? Now that could just be the move and such, but I will take it. I am feeling healthier and not a cloudiness if that makes sense. The kids are not asking for cheese all the time. Kira actually prefers avocado sandwiches now!

We are getting situated at his parents house and hiding our niche there. I love seeing the kids with their grandparents and getting to know them better..

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Hey, you won my giveaway. Please send me your address. My e-mail is shannon at hillinger dot org.