Thursday, June 11, 2009

Dentist

Okay today I am going to the dentist and tomorrow the kids are going. It is hard to tell your kids not to be afraid of the dentist when you are...not really afraid I just prefer to stay far, far away from them. So I am trying to be brave and tell them that we are going to get our teeth tickled.

Now I never used to have any fear of the dentist, in fact I was his best client. Not because of cavities but because my teeth were so slow coming in that they were slow coming out. I had ALL of my baby teeth pulled except for ONE! That is right folks I was a pro at going to the dentist. I then followed that with SEVEN years of braces and you guessed it headgear!! But today I must admit I am oh so thankful for the fine dentists and orthodontists that made my smile what it is today.

Eric on the other hand has never had a cavity, never needed braced and really has no teeth or gum issues. I pray that the kids get his genes when it comes to their teeth. Please God, please!

So I do not know what happened, it must have been the hygienist that ripped my gums up that one time...or the fact that the last time I went to the dentist they sucked almost two grand out of my pocket for what was supposed to be a cleaning! Hum, well today I am going to suck it up and be a good patient even though I REALLY do not want to go.

Anyone else not like the Dentist? Or is it just me?

No comments: