Sunday, February 21, 2010

Day 21

Okay I am done with my drastic detox and I feel so much better. I was going to to seven but I did six and a half. I actually love eating this way. Basically you graze on fruit and veggies all day, mostly fruit for me and then have a salad/raw veggies and a cooked starch of potato, brown rice, polenta or quinoa. This is our goal to continue to eat this way. I am excited to make it more of a lifestyle and hopefully it will not fizzle out after six months, like I have tended to do. I think I have to be more inventive with recipes and try new things but don't over make something too much too and burned out on it. I think that was the biggest thing I did the last couple times.

Today we went to church at the 9 am service and it was really good. He was talking about how John was told to eat the scroll in Revelation chapter 10.

Rev 10:1011 Then I took the little book out of the angel's hand and ate it, and it was as sweet as honey in my mouth. But when I had eaten it, my stomach became bitter. And he said to me, "You must prophesy again about many peoples, nations, tongues, and kings.
Now Byran was saying that John probably did not literally take a fork and knife to the scroll and begin eating it. But if you think about how His word, the bible is our daily bread it makes more sense that he was mentally digesting if that makes sense.

Bryan's three points to it were this:
1. Sweetness in the Mouth
When we read the scriptures it is sweet to our soul
.

How refreshed do we feel when we have been in His word before the day starts. It is like we are ahead of everyone else and prepared for the day. John Piper said something to the effect that, We love scriptures because we love our eyes. We love to see God's beauty. How true is that we love living in beautiful places, love beautiful things. God's Word is beautiful and sweet.

2. Bitterness in the Stomach
Yes, God blesses us but disobedience hurts the relationship.


When we sin we put distance between our relationship. I sometimes think sin is like eating junk food. It tastes so good and you know you shouldn't eat. But you eat it anyway and then it tastes so good you just keep eating until you look at the empty box of chocolate donuts and think to yourself, did I just do that? Then about twenty minutes later when you stomach catches up with your mouth you think to yourself what was I thinking I feel awful. *Okay so maybe I did not eat all of the donuts in one sitting but I did eat most of them and I was sick as a dog for two hours.

That is how sin is. We think, oh we can do that it isn't a major sin, like looking at a Victoria Secret magazine for guys or wanting a house, car or clothes for us girls. But what happens? The guy ends up dwelling on the photos and then might move to another type of magazine or searches out certain websites. Or for us girls we like someone's house, car or clothes and we get dissatisfied. We start grumbling and mumbling and are not thankful for what we have. This is covetousness and it is a sin. We may start our innocently but end up in a real debacle. We feel sick to our stomach.

I remember the week before I came back to the Lord. I was in an awful state. I was literally sick to my stomach over the choices I had made for the last eight years. They started out not so bad and over the years I did not even recognized who was staring at me in the mirror. God's redemption is amazing and I know I am white a snow now. But I have to be careful not to slip into the same pattern as before.

Joel 2:25 "So I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten
Thank God for this promise!

3.Commission to Proclaim its Message
Where is your joy? Why are we not excited about sharing the Gospel?


Why are are we not sharing? I ask myself that a lot. I really try to get know people and get involved in their lives and try to share the gospel and use words if necessary. But I know there are times to evangelize. I just hope that I step up to the plate when they arise.
What are you doing to share your faith?

Spending: Zero

Menu:
Breakfast:
Fruit Smoothies

Snack:
Big raisins-dates
regular raisins

Lunch:
Bananas
Sun butter roll-ups

Snack:
nuts
bananas
big raisins

Dinner:
banana-Kira and tomatoes-Enzo
Rice Noodles and tomato sauce

I am excited we are going down to OC on Tuesday on the train. It will be so much fun to see everyone. I am working Friday and Saturday at the restaurant and I know I am going to love every minute. Tomorrow I am cleaning, doing laundry, packing and prepping some meals for Eric. Busy, Busy!

No comments: