Monday, February 1, 2010

End of Day 1 -28 Days of Nothing

28 Days of Nothing has officially started today. I am taking a break/fast from consumerism. Mostly to refresh and put things into perspective and secondly in hopes to save my emergency fund of $1000 for Baby Step #1 of Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover.

Spending: I did not buy anything today.

Menu:
Breakfast:
Cold Cereal
Coffee (for me)

Snack:
Ants on a log

Lunch:
Grape Tomatoes and Cucumber Slices.
Leftover Rice Pasta w/ tomato sauce and I added a dollop of sour cream

Snack:
Almonds and Raisins

Dinner:
Nutty Noodles with Honey Orange Sesame Veggies and Rice


I cleaned the house completely even under the oven. That is right folks I moved the oven and swept and mopped underneath, all I can say is Yuck.

We had a good day, kids helped clean up their room. They colored most of the time. My kids love to color even Enzo. He actually does a really good job for his age. Nothing too crazy about the day. It was a good day and it felt good to clean my house thoroughly. Even though the square footage is probably the same the layout of this house is so much more efficient. It is a square and I did a quick little diagram to give you an idea. Next to the living room and kitchen is a one car garage. Anyways it is easier to clean because it is not so stretched out, if that makes sense. Well it at least it seemed easier.

Day 1 was successful and we are plugging away one day at a time.

No comments: