Friday, June 13, 2008

Devotion


The gal from Simple mom has inspired me to get up earlier. Which means going to bed earlier! I went to sleep last night a 11:00 pm and woke up at 6:30. I was so excited to wake up and have my devotion time and get ready for the day. However, as you know having little ones, things never go as planned. Enzo woke up at 6:35 and Kira at 6:45. We went downstairs and I made smoothies. I brought my bible and prayer journal. Kira was asking about my books. She wanted to see my bible and I asked if she wanted to read with me and she was so very excited. We read
A Psalm of Thanksgiving.
MAKE a joyful shout to the LORD, all you lands!
Serve the LORD with gladness;
Come before His presence with singing.

Know that the LORD, He is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.


Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.

For the LORD is good;
His mercy is everlasting,
And His truth endures to all generations.

I was so blessed by her in her response to the scripture. I explained each verse and we talked about it. When I asked what she was thankful for she replied, "For Jesus, because He loves us." Doesn't that just melt your heart.

No comments: