Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Menu Plan

It has been some time since I last posted menu ideas.
Especially since we have gone plant based/vegan, I thought I would share some frugal, vegan and gluten free recipes. Say that ten times fast. Since we do not buy meat my grocery bill is so much lower. We get ample protein from our greens, legumes and nuts.
So here I go:

Sunday
Chili and Cornbread and Salad
without meat

Monday
Red Beans and Rice and Salad

Tuesday
Broiled Polenta with Mushroom Ragout
without goat cheese
and Broccoli

Wednesday
Nutty Noodles with Veggies

Thursday
Baked Potatoes w/ Chili and Salad

Friday
Tomato and Garlic Pasta and Salad

Saturday
Cornbread Waffles or Leftovers


On Sunday afternoon I soaked a pound of pink beans and a pound of kidney beans together. Then split them into two pots and cooked them. One pot for chili with garlic, bell pepper, salt and onion. The other pot with onions, garlic, celery, bay leaves, bell pepper and salt. I made two dinners in one night. Then on Monday night I put the beans on and warmed them up while rice was cooking. I loved the combo of pink and kidney beans. I am excited to try the two new recipes I showed and I will report back to you.

No comments: