Saturday, March 27, 2010

Cornbread Waffles




To change it up a bit on our Saturday pancake/waffle morning tradition, I thought I would try a different type of waffle. I love cornbread jalapeno waffles with maple syrup. The spicy and sweetness of them is addicting. I knew the kids would not like the spice so I just made cornbread waffles. I used my normal pancake/waffle recipe but substituted one cup of rice flour for one cup of cornmeal. Next time I will probably use half rice flour and half cornmeal. They were good. I overheard Enzo commenting with Mmm Mmm the whole time while chewing. I guess it is definitely grounds for repeating this recipe



My plate with coconut oil for butter and maple syrup and my NZ coffee cup.
I talked with my sister yesterday and needed a visual reminder of NZ.

By the way they are coming out to the states in June until mid July!!!!
I am so excited to see them. It has been two years since we have been there and seen them.
Yeah!!!

1 comment:

Linda Z said...

Yay for Jebraun coming!! :)