Monday, March 1, 2010

Day 27

Today we had a family breakfast. Everyone pitched in and brought on thing and we had a wonderful time. I made my GF pancakes and they were a hit. I even made them with egg substitute and rice milk. I quadrupled the recipe and it was barely enough. I probably could have made six times the recipe and it would have been perfect. The kids all played so good together and I got to visit with my grandma, who will be 93 years young on the 7th of March.

I worked at the restaurant and it was not very busy but it was fun. I miss going to work and having that interaction with other adults. I came home packed.

Spending: $6.47 I bought a salad at work, I miss the food too

Menu:
Brunch:
GF Pancakes
Home potatoes
Fruit and oj

Snack:
dried mango

Dinner:
Salad and Twirly Noodle with Marinara

Late Snack:
Roasted beet salad with goat cheese and nuts-me

I could not pass up a half price salad at the restaurant

GF Best Pancakes Ever with no animal products
Use
1 cup Rice Flour
3/4 cup Potato Starch
1/4 cup Tapioca Flour/Starch
This equals 2 cups of flour equivalent to 2 cups of wheat flour.
Then I used a regular pancake recipe not a gluten free recipe, Ah ha!
The best pancakes I think I have ever had.




Here is the recipe:

3 cup Flour-mixture
2 T 1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp Agave syrup
1 tsp Xanthan gum
2 1/2 cup milk- I use rice milk
2 egg substitute**
1/4 c 2 Tbsp oil

**I used 1 Tbsp of Potato Starch and 3Tbsp water per egg, mix separately and add with wet ingredients

Add all dry ingredients and mix. Then add all wet and mix well. If too thick add a little water or more milk until desired consistency. Enjoy. They are so good you do not even need syrup or butter I think. I put coconut oil on the kids. We call coconut oil white butter now.

No comments: