Saturday, February 6, 2010

Come to Me

"Come to Me and Rest!
I am all about you, to bless and restore.
Breathe Me with each breath.
The way just ahead of you is very steep.
Slow down and cling tightly to My hand.
I am teaching you a difficult lesson, learned only by hardship"
From
"Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young

Matt 11:28-30
"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me,
for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
For My yoke is easy and my burden is light"


I am trying to get up earlier than usual in order to have time to myself. I got up at 6:00 instead of 6:30/6:45.
I had a great morning devotion and read this. What a blessing. We have both learned so much in the past year. Looking back 2009 was probably one of the hardest years emotionally, financially and spiritually but I must admit I have learned the most, clung to Him the most and stayed closer to Him than ever. So when she says "I am teaching you a difficult lesson, learned only by hardship" I get it. I have definitely learned so much from the hardship we have had. I count it all blessings and I would not trade it for anything. Have blessed Saturday.

By the way the kids just woke up, so much for time by myself, I guess I need to get up at 5:00 in order to have the time I want.

1 comment:

Linda Z said...

It's awesome that you're at the place that you can see how valuable the last year was. God is so good to use those times to refine us and make us more like Him.