Monday, February 16, 2009

Day 16 of Nothing

Oh how I love Mondays! Since I got all the laundry put yesterday and our rooms were clean, I was so happy to just make my bed this morning and that was the extent of housework. Love it! Plus we were able to go to my girlfriends house for a play date with her kids. She has a son who is five and a daughter who is a week younger than Kira. We had a great time. We have always enjoyed play dates with them but for some reason the kids had an extra good time. It might be because they are all at the age of playing well together, either way they had fun and us moms had good encouraging conversation.

I don't know if it is that I am a very independent person and I don't always feel the need to hang out with other moms. But every time I do have a play date I always feel refreshed in someway, maybe because we can relate to each other and I don't feel like the only one going through what I am going through. I guess I get stuck in a rut of our daily routine that I don't want to do anything different. I think it is good to change it up a little. Plus the kids really enjoyed today and Enzo crashed out on the way home, Kira almost did but never fell asleep, oh well.

On the way to her house I had the option to take the toll road and save ten minutes, it costs $1.50 each way, however I did not take it. Yeah, it felt good just to take my time and enjoy the drive and not worry about having to been in a rush.

Yet another successful day of no spending. :)

No comments: