Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Day 4 of Nothing

Today was easy I did not have any errands except to pick up my tips from work and get gas. I put $20 in the car which fills the tank half way but usually last for at least a week. I don't drive anywhere but within a ten mile radius most of the time.

I paid for rest of the half of our rent today. My parents are pretty understanding with our money situation. I pay half on the first and half on the fifteenth. It is hard because with my job I don't get my tips until Tuesday if the restaurant owes me money. The restaurant is closed Sundays and Mondays. So I don't get tips until Tuesday night which means I pick them up Wednesday if I really need them or Friday when I work next.

So today was good with no spending and I feel good not buying things. I think I need to keep this in mind daily whether I am doing this experiment or not. I would probably save a lot of money. It should be interesting to see what our bottom line is at the end of the month.

No comments: