Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Day 25 of Nothing

Wednesday the 25th
Okay I totally buckled today :( I went to the evil, evil store, Wal Mart. Okay maybe it is not evil but it sucks you in and takes all of your money. I got two puzzles for the kids, a storage drawer set that I need, well wanted, a music cd for the kids and two movies at the 2 for $10 bin, Shirley Temple collection of over 20 movies and Tomb Raider for Eric and I. $54 later I left Wal Mart. Now I am posting about this and watching Oprah. I am not a huge Oprah fan but I will have it on in the background if the kids are sleeping if anything good is on. Well today's show was amazing. It was a special report from Lisa Ling about The Faces of Recession. I was appalled st the number of homeless people just in Sacramento, CA. Unbelieveable to see these single moms and their children barely getting by. I felt so guilt of my purchase. I am so very thankful for the roof over my head and the warm bed and shower that I have. Before I was watching it and typing here I was ready to justify my spending but now I am almost ashamed of my spending. How can I say that I "need" anything. God has provided so much for us. If you have a chance to read or watch that episode of Oprah I highly recommend it. It is an eye opener of what is going on in the neighborhoods around us. I keep thinking things were not this serious but they are.

I was so blessed to work this evening too and was truly blessed with and average of 25% in tips. I know God is helping us and I need to continue to give to Him and He will continue to bless us. I love this scripture and it is a beautiful reminder of God's willingness to bless us.

Mal 3:10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do," says the Lord Almighty, "I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won't have enough room to take it in! Try it! Let me prove it to you!

No comments: