Friday, February 13, 2009

True Love

1 Corinthians 13

Love

Love is patient, love is kind.

It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.




I can only pray that I love in this fashion, with God's strength, definitely not my own strength am I capable to love this way. Notice PATIENCE is the first on the list, probably because it is one of the hardest to be. NOT SELF-SEEKING, how often does the world tell us we need to love yourself first. I think if you give of yourself wholeheartedly to your God, your husband, your family and friends, there is no better way to feel love than to give of yourself first. Jesus is the ultimate testimony of love, look at how much He gave and continued to give regardless of what He received.


No comments: