Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Detox Day 3

Dinner was great last night, but I cheated a little with a small bowl of cereal. I was craving something sweet. I had gluten free corn flakes that were sweetened with honey and brown rice syrup and soy milk. Besides that I ate really good and I feel great.

Today was good. I woke up had my Barley life and then my smoothie. We went to therapy, came home and had a play date with cousin Shayli and Cadance. I had more Barley-Life around 11 am. We ate veggie slices and hummus for our raw for lunch. Then the kids had left over pesto pasta and I had a half of a baked potato with red bell pepper sauce and hummus instead of sour cream or butter and it was so yummy. We all had a great nap from 1:30 to 3:15. We snacked on dried fruit, no sulfates or sugar, and raw nuts.

Dinner tonight will be a big salad, baked zucchini and squash and leftovers. The zucchini and squash are super easy all you do is grate the veggies and bake in a casserole dish. Then once it is cooked you serve it with an extra virgin olive oil drizzle and herb salt and pepper. Super easy and yummy, the kids like it because it is not huge pieces of veggies and it looks cool.

I am feeling great, no headaches today and I am not as thirsty as I have been. I think this is just what I needed to get in to gear and start eating healthy. I love eating this way, yeah it is a little more time consuming preparing everything fresh but there are ways of cutiing time. Like cutting veggies all one day for a couple of days or washing and spinning your lettuce all for the week. I found if you place a paper towel in your ziploc bag with the cut, rinsed lettuce it helps keep it crisp.
I better go and make dinner now.

No comments: